- It has a very clean and neat interface
- Recent how-to articles are shown on the left
- A featured article takes prime position on the front page
- Submitting an article is very nice. You are given pre defined set of fields and the ability to add extra fields. This ensures all how-to’s are uniform and in a familiar format.
- When creating a new how-to it auto suggests existing content before letting you submit your own unique how-to
So what’s the deal with the corporate how-to wiki?
Well I’ve been working on a corporate wiki implementation with Andy Roberts (whom I got to know through LinkedIn, proving the service is indeed useful) and have been looking for inspiration on how to get the best from the software.
- A corporate how-to wiki (dedicated or part of another) would be a valuable tool
- The clean interface really draws me in
- The featured article with image works really well. Producing this can be part of the wiki gardener role.
- The article creation template keeps all how-to’s simple and readable.
So what would go in this corporate how-to wiki?
- how to book a hire car
- how to book travel
- how to claim expenses
- how to submit a ‘xyz’ report
- how to request IT resource
- ho to hire
- etc, etc,
This would work especially well in a large company.
Do you have any sort of ‘how-to’ in your company?