In the middle of what has been a mucho busy few weeks, Oracle release a whitepaper titled ‘Enterprise 2.0, Driving Creativity, Productivity and Collaboration‘. It’s a solid piece of research with stats and quotes to make any E2.0 evangelist smile. In fact after being interviewed for the research I get 5 or 6 quotes in the paper which is very nice.
- The average worker spends over an hour (61.55 minutes) a week locating documents or files either from e-mail, personal folders or in the company / shared file servers
- People waste 74 minutes a week copying, pasting and re-entering the same information into different documents
- 80% of workers use their e-mail to store information and files
- 96% are open to the introduction of new technologies to help make their working practices more efficient
- In the past, 44% found insufficient training was a barrier to adopting these new technologies, while one third (35%) did not find them simple or intuitive to use
- 40% of social network users say they are easier to use than workplace software
Download the pdf here.